What Financial Protection do you offer?

ALLTRACKS has comprehensive financial protection.

We are ATOL-bonded which provides financial protection for our customers. Our ATOL number is 9411 and we are one of the very few ski & snowboard course providers to offer this level of security

In addition to ATOL, we are ABTOT bonded to cover non flight packages.

Although having an ATOL & ABTOT bond does cost ALLTRACKS a significant amount of money, we know our customers appreciate the piece of mind that this financial security gives you. We are delighted to be able to offer this security whilst still keeping our prices really competitive with attractive payment terms.


We offer a variety of qualifications on our Whistler courses from Canada’s leading associations: CASI, CSIA, CSCF and CAA. Please follow the link for more information snowboard and ski instructor qualifications

On the European Courses, the qualifications are offered through the British Association of Ski Instructors (BASI).


We can never give a guarantee that everyone will pass. However, for Level 1 examiners are really looking for a positive approach, enthusiasm and a willingness to improve. Clearly you will need to demonstrate reasonable technique, but anyone who works hard should be confident of achieving their Level 1 after the thorough instruction ALLTRACKS offers.

Level 2 is a little more difficult, and examiners are looking for better execution of the drills and a greater understanding of skiing or snowboarding technique. However, people who arrive as reasonable intermediates will stand a very good chance of achieving either BASI or CSIA Level 2  Historically, the overwhelming majority of people on our courses do pass – but you will need to work hard!

Level 3 is more challenging still and takes a great deal of hard work to get to this standard of skiing. However, with strong coaching and a lot of effort and preparation, we will help you get ready for the Level 3.


CSIA and CASI Level 1 allow you to instruct in Canada, and whilst people do instruct elsewhere with these qualifications (we’ve had a handful of ex-ALLTRACKS Level 1 guests go on to work in Switzerland), we wouldn’t recommend you plan for or expect this.

With the BASI, CSIA or CASI Level 2 (available on our 6. 7, 8 & 11 Week Ski Instructor Course and its snowboarding equivalent), you should be able to work more extensively, including Canada, USA, Japan, China, New Zealand, Australia and some parts of Europe (although this is limited).

Regardless of what anyone claims, it continues to be problematic for foreigners to work within the French system. Be wary of anyone who promises instructor qualifications that allow you to work anywhere. At the same time, you can be confident that the qualifications you gain with ALLTRACKS are the genuine article and the recognised gold standard in Canada.

Do I need a visa?

On March 2016, the visa requirements for visiting Canada changed. Foreign Nationals from most Western Countries need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) in order to visit the country. It is a quick, simple process that is done online and only costs $7 CAD. It is essentially a pre screening screening service and may make your entry into Canada quicker.
For more info: http://www.canada.ca/eta

However, if you are planning on working during your stay – for example after a course, then you will need an IEC Working Holiday Visa. You can get in touch to request our Working Visa Guide.

If you wish to take an internship course you will need a working visa. Be aware that working visas are in demand and often get booked well in advance.

The best option in nearly all cases is to apply for a working holiday permit via the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme, which typically allows you to travel and work in Canada for up to one year. Choose your nationality on this page for further information.

In some countries, you can make an IEC application via an independent organisation who charge an additional fee to help you with the application process. In the UK, try BUNAC, and in Ireland check out USIT.

Many other countries have similar ways to apply and we have had people from all over the world join our courses.

Note the the above information may be subject to change and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you have any necessary visa.

Is there time to free ski too?

In Canada and France, lessons generally take place Monday to Thursday, which leaves Friday and the weekend to ski or snowboard with friends. Before you arrive, you’ll receive a course schedule with details of training and exam days, so you’ll know when your free days are in advance. In Switzerland, many of the courses have coaching 5 days per week

Training is deliberately full-on and you will be worked hard. They are great fun, but so is riding in a more relaxed manner.

Although you are free to ride every day if you wish, most people go up the mountain six days each week, leaving a day to chill out in the chalet, relax in the village and enjoy everything else the resort has to offer.

Where do I stay?

You’ll stay in comfortable, well-located private chalets or condos It means you truly have a place to call home and relax for the duration of your stay. We also offer hostel accommodation on many of our courses too which provided a less expensive option. All the accommodation has wifi and some even have hot tubs.

More information is available on the individual destination pages:

What's Whistler Like?

Many or our guests have grown up skiing in Europe and are not as familiar with the North American resorts. As such we are often asked “What is Whistler like?”. We find it incredibly difficult to do Whistler justice in words – the place is just awesome. Combine the biggest ski area and most sophisticated lift system in North America with huge snowfalls, a variety of terrain and a cool, vibrant town and maybe you think you’re a getting a rough picture of the place. But you’re not….

So much more than the combination of its parts, in our view Whistler combines the scale of European resorts with the snow reliability and functionality of other North American resorts. There are other places where you can do an instructor course – and some of them do have some great skiing available – but they come up a bit short after a couple of weeks. Going to a resort for a week or two can be an entirely different proposition to an extended visit.

Do I need my own skis or snowboard?

Yes – skiers need skis, bindings, boots and poles and snowboarders need a board, bindings and boots. If you’re buying new equipment for the course, we would recommend gear designed for all-mountain use as you will be riding all the terrain available.

As part of the course, you’ll receive discounts at the best equipment shops so it’s advisable to wait until you reach the resort. But if you have your equipment already, or you want to buy it at home, that’s fine too. Please feel free to call if you have nay questions regarding equipment.

What kit to I need to bring?

As far as mountain wear is concerned, you’ll be issued with a full kit list on our Guest Intranet Site. As all our accommodation has wireless internet available, many guests bring laptops or tablets.

Laptop or not, do try to bring a camera. You’ll make some really good friends on your ALLTRACKS course, surrounded every day by some of the most stunning mountains on earth – it would be a shame not to have a few snaps to remember it all!

Will you cancel a course?

We do reserve the right to cancel a course if there is less than 5 people booked on. However, this is extremely unlikely and we generally have 20-60 people on each course and people tend to book on well in advance.

Furthermore, if we did need to cancel a course, it would be done very far in advance giving you plenty of notice. Details as per our Terms & Conditons.

In this unlikely event, you will have the choice of accepting an alternative or a refund of all invoices paid to Alltracks. But there would not be further compensation.

For more information, please see our terms and conditions or call the office on 01794 301 777

Can Family & Friends come and visit?

Of course – it is great if you have some friends or family keen to visit you while you are out in resort, and hopefully you’ll be able to show off your new skills and show them around some of the best resorts in the world.

If you are in a shared room then we do not allow guests to stay in our accommodation on an ad hoc basis but we can help arrange alternative accommodation nearby so that you can spend lots of time together.

If you have booked a single room with us then we can generally allow guests to stay over in your room for a small fee. If you have a friend or partner joining you for an extended period then please let us know at the time of booking and we can help with their arrangements and they can arrange to stay in the course accommodation, utilise our transfers and be involved in the off slope activities too if they wish.

If your visitors are only coming for a short period, it can be wise to avoid the exam weeks if they have flexible dates. Please get in touch if you wish to discuss the course schedules.

More Questions?

If you still have questions, please get in touch! We're here to help.
You can call on +44(0)1794 301 777 or email us